Sunday, October 24, 2010

It Has Been Way Too Long!

I have been quite horrible in keeping up with this blog! I am trying my best to change that! So I have taken some steps to try to make it easier for me to build a useful blog that others might find interesting. My Sharepoint knowledge is continuing to grow and I would love to share that with you! I am hoping that I can finish some of my older thoughts in some of the previous posts, but most of them are no longer on my plate as I have had to abandon them for time considerations. I think that I will be focusing on the printing article later and will mostly talk about a few things that I particularly enjoy.

My work environment does not allow me to use Sharepoint Designer on the production network, and we are still running WSS 3 only. All of my development is on a stand alone machine and most of what we do has to be created as .WSP solutions. However, I like to consider myself a rogue and sometimes I must challenge myself to find a way to make things work that may seem unorthodox to most. But as they say, there is more than one way to skin a cat! (Figuratively Speaking as I have five cats!) So within the next few days, I will be blogging about the Edit Control Block and how it can be customized. Along the way, I will be mixing javascript, jQuery (with SPServices), and .Net of the c# flavor to create an ECB you could write home about (Well, maybe not but..) So there it is and I will be blogging a lot more often! This time I mean it!

No comments:

Post a Comment